Singapore: A new waste-to-energy plant for Sembcorp Ltd.
Together with Halla Energy & Environment and Hyundai-HEC Joint Venture we are building a new waste-to-energy plant for Sembcorp Ltd. The plant’s capacity is 2 x 575 tonnes of waste per day and will be located in Sakra, an industrial area on the Jurong Island in Singapore.
Positive impression was gained at a plant visit to Sweden
After a visit to the modern waste-to-energy plant in Sundsvall in Sweden, the impression was positive. Our customer was very interested in our fuel-flexible, low maintenance DynaGrate® technology for their new boiler project in Sakra, Jurong Island in Singapore.
The scope and the project
On 20 November 2013 we received an order for a waste-to-energy plant from our license partner Halla for a project for the company Sembcorp Ltd. in Singapore.
The order covers the supply of:
- 2 x 24 t/h DynaGrate®
- Inconel-cladded water-cooled wear zones
- Design of boiler, firing equipment, clinker pusher, and auxiliary equipment.
- The plant will process 2 x 575 tonnes of waste per day at a colorific value of 12 MJ/kg corresponding to 80 MWth.
- 400 °C steam for a steam manifold for multiple local industries.
- Time schedule: Supply of grate by the end of 2014, test and commissioning by the end of 2015.
The project is located in Sakra, an industrial area situated on the Jurong Island located to the southwest of the main island of Singapore.
Low cost steam production and environmentally sound disposal of waste
The main objectives of the ICW boiler facility are to produce steam and to lower Sembcorp’s cost of processing industrial and commercial waste. Steam will be supplied to multiple industries located nearby – whilst providing an environmentally sound solution for industrial and commercial waste disposal.
Our client is our licensee Halla Energy & Environment which is a sub supplier to Hyundai-HEC Joint Venture, a joint venture between Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd. and Hyundai Engineering Co., Ltd. The end-client is Sembcorp Ltd.
- Sembcorp Industries Limited: The end-client. Sembcorp is a leading developer, owner and operator of energy and water cleaning plants.
- Halla Energy & Environment: B&W Vølund’s license partner. In charge of contracting the plant.
- Hyundai-HEC Joint Venture: Halla’s client and main EPC contractor.
- B&W Vølund: Technology provider of the core combustion equipment and boiler.
DynaGrate® to Singapore on license
Brochure: Sembcorp, Singapore
Return to news list